Monday, November 15, 2010

James is Ready for Winter


I used seven 14" sections for the scarf. You can't see the other colors (in back) of red and grey. I made them 12 inches wide. He is larger around than I thought! Maybe when it rains the fleece will stretch some more. It was cheap! $2.94 yard at Walmart. I bought only 12 inches of the seven colors and only used 1/4 of each color, so I have enough left over for 3 more scarves! That's why I used the colors I did. The patterned fleece was costlier. My sweater-cut-off-into-hat worked well. My pom-pom is attached with a very large safety pin (aluminum knitting holder). The yarn for the pom costs over half as much as the fleece! I remembered how to make them and made it large. All in all, I like it! We'll see how well it lasts through rain and snow. If it doesn't, well then I'll have to think up another way to keep him warm!

Now if it would only snow I could take another photo and use it for holiday greeting cards!

2 comments:

  1. James is very interesting. I like your scarf and hat. Reminds me that I need to get my knitting bag out again and get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I assume you've read my April blogs about how "James" came about? (The Tree parts 1 through 5) and the Tree Stump Carving (August blog).

    ReplyDelete