Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hardships? Maybe Some...

Someone recently commented to me, "I can't believe you've never had a manicure." My reply was something like, "I can't miss something I've never had." That was that. Today my mind drifted back to that comment so here I am again - writing about having, missing, wanting, needing - you get the idea.

I've never had a manicure, a pedicure, a relaxing massage, a facial, a waxing; what else is there I should include?

I have had a clothes washer and clothes drier. I haven't had either for the past 15 years. I miss them! Oops! Forgot that I don't have a "real" dishwasher anymore either.

I don't miss, want or need the personal care services, but I could make good use of a clothes washer! The trip to town is only five miles each way. There is a singular small laundromat there, but to it I go - every week or at least once every ten days.

Spring Summer


It seems to be such a waste of time, waiting for the process to be complete. In the warm weather, I hang clothes outdoors. Ummmmm! Good vibes and wonderful smells emit from freshly air dried laundry. In cold weather, there I wait and wait and wait, contemplating all sorts of projects yet to be completed at home.

Winter



It is what it is. My choice. It's FINE! YEP!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gere, since I sold my home a few months ago and moved into an apartment I don't have a washer or dryer either. I do have a laundry facility that I share with 3 other people. (I live in a 4 plex) I miss the washer and dryer and the convenience so much.

    ReplyDelete