Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Shoulder Dislocator

After almost three years my right shoulder is feeling a bit better. I unknowingly dislocated (put out of joint, according to chiropractor) it while using this utensil; AKA "The GEM." 1899 Gem Food Chopper #20.

It came from the family treasures that were passed down - grandparents, parents, me!

Vintage Meat Grinder

Gem Food Chopper 20

Sargent & Co.

Patented Apr.25 1899

comes with 5 cutters

Made by Sargent & Co. (on Handle)


What wonderful ham snips, beef chunks, chicken pickins, and bread crumbs have been ground through this handy dandy clamp-on-the-table-edge gem! All have been made into salads, hash, spreads and more.

Well, I had a great idea one day after the pound of bacon I bought on sale was not very tasty and was also tough. I would make it in to salad toppings - you know - like "Bacon Bits."

I fried it all first, and after it cooled I proceeded to make my crunchy accents. It was hard work!

The old chopper tried its best to accommodate my efforts as my old shoulder pushed and pushed the crank around and around and around. And hard work it was!

There! I did it! I had a completed project.

The next day my shoulder ached and I had to resort to doubling my arthritis helper tablets.

This went on for about three weeks until I went to the local chiropractor. He just plain didn't know the extent of damage. After three unsuccessful visits I decided I had to live with it.

When at the beach place, I went again to my southern chiropractor. Even the pool and hot spa were not helping the pain as I had expected. He determined it was "out of joint" and put it back. What a jab that was! Then the healing began.

After returning North, I saw an orthopedic surgeon who, to this date, has injected the area four times and now it's better! (NOT good enough to vacuum, but at least I can hook my own bra - when I wear one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment