Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tongs

Yes, I said tongs. A VERY important kitchen utensil. Let me regress a bit.

"When Things Look Black" - Orange, NJ


I have OLD advertising tongs with the motto & name "Imperial Laundry Co."


They were probably given out around 1907 when the company was in Orange NJ.


My grandparents lived in the area and my mother was born there in 1914. The tongs have traveled with the family.



Here is a photograph of the old building with the name and motto still visible.








The building was in place in 2006!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tongs have a place in my old cabin kitchen drawer and are used almost daily!


We don't EVER wash them with detergent. A hot rinse and air drying keeps them from rusting.




They will be here long after I'm gone. Would you believe I love my old tongs? I treasure my old tongs! When in my hand I feel hands of past years using them and it makes me feel warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment