Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nuts! Nuts! Nuts!


The UPS truck rarely stops at our home. Last night's delivery was a surprise. The box read, "Nuts Online" so I figured it had to be from someone who knew I was a bit nutty, BUT...I can't eat nuts! I have no "chewers" so it had to be from someone who didn't realize that fact.

The next thing strange was the delivery label. It was an address we had up until 1997 when we moved to the other side of the lake. Who hasn't contacted me since 1997???

Mystery solved. The greeting inside revealed a dear sweet friend from Hawaii, with whom I've been only e-mailing and not "snail-mailing."

The best part of the surprise was that this friend remembered that my favorite, my VERY favorite candy is marzipan!! And, although it comes in many different shapes and forms, the fruits are the ones for me; limes, strawberries, oranges, peaches and apples!

I cannot express enough the thrill when I saw them. It's an extremely strong willed person like me, who loves marzipan and doesn't immeditely rip into it and gobble it all up in one sitting. I WILL do that, I promise you, when I'm better prepared and then hit the sack with a superb sugar high.

Addendum: This morning when my husband was disposing of the shipping container the candy came in, I had painful moments because of laughing so hard. He had opened the box to fold and compact it for recycling, not realizing it was full of packing peanuts and they went all over the floor. Have you ever tried to hand pick up those little white puffy nuts? Well NUTS! is all he could say. There are now nuts to eat, nuts for shipping, and a nut on the floor.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post Gere! I love to get packages and I love marzipan too and I have been told I am stong willed. :-)
    Enjoy your gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Beth. It WILL be consumed entirely - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picture the nut on the floor as you, rolling with laughter at Ed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete